Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Is Life Fair?

Who ever said life was fair?  As I sit here at my desk and just by chance look up and see a picture of our family standing in front of the RCA Dome before they tore it down.  We got tickets to tour Lucas Oil Stadium.  I remember that day like yesterday.  Were we elated?  At the time did we think we were having the best time of our lives?  Doubt it.  I’m sure I was just getting on everyone’s nerves taking pictures.  As I look back, I would never take that day back.  Nor the trip we took to Columbus, Ohio on Labor Day Weekend.  Or what about Ellie’s dance competition in Louisville?  None of those things at the time seem significant, but now I thank God for those memories.  I open up Yahoo today and see “Dying teen’s chance on love”.  Of course I watch as a 15 year old basically given a death sentence due to disease has a friendship ceremony with her boyfriend and dies 10 days later.  As I reflect, I have to believe God gives everyone a birth date at the same time as a death date.  That is what makes tragedy more bearable, if bearable at all.  Take for instance, the couple that just got married in Muncie and the groom has leukemia and has 2 months to live.  He is 20 years old.  To me seems truly unfair, so I have to go back to God and ask why?  I get the same answer every time: birthday equals deathday.  Although these kinds of stories are extremely sad, they do one thing for us: make us think.  Use life wisely. Run, skip and jump often.

1 comment:

  1. You are not supposed to make me cry on here... :(
    You are sooooo right... I need to run, skip & jump more often...

    XOXOXO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Stace

    ReplyDelete